Today I was laying out a page in InDesign, and the text that I was using had been typed by someone who Loved To Capitalize Each And Every Word!
Of course, InDesign's Type > Change Case > Lowercase command makes short work of fixing this without retyping, and I use this command frequently. But today, it finally dawned on me to add a custom keyboard shortcut for this command to make life a lot easier. Here is how to do this, in case you've never created a custom keyboard shortcut:
1. Choose Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts
2. Choose Type Menu for the Product Area
3. Choose Change Case: lowercase
4. Click in the New Shortcut area, and press the keyboard shortcut you want to use (I used option-L).
5. Click the Assign button, and then the OK button.