Say you've got a bunch of PDF files that you want to print in alphabetical order. Windows Explorer allows you to select multiple PDF files, right-click and choose Print. Unfortunately, this command seems to print the files in a random order, not alphabetically. On the Mac, I don't know of a similar command in the Finder.
Fortunately, there is another way. Just follow the steps below.
1. Run Adobe Acrobat 9
2. Choose Advanced > Document Processing > Batch Processing
3. Select Print All and then click the Run Sequence button
4. Click the OK button in the Run Sequence Confirmation dialog box
5. Navigate to the folder containing your PDF files, and open the folder. Click on the first PDF file you want to print, hold down the Shift key, and select the last PDF file. Then click the Select button.
Acrobat X replaces "Sequences" with "Actions", and unfortunately doesn't include a built-in "Print All" Action. So you will need to create one.
1. Choose File > Action Wizard > Create New Action
2. Fill in the "Create New Action" dialog box as shown below.
3. Click the Save button.
4. Give the Action a name, such as "Print" and click the Save button.
5. Now each time you want to batch print PDF files with Acrobat X, just File > Action Wizard > Print, and follow the on-screen prompts.